In India, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is growing significantly as a segment of the ITES (Information Technology Enabled Services). The sector has been growing at an annual rate of 50%, which is proof that the industry will continue to bloom. To date, BPO has provided jobs to more than 80.000 Indians. But the question arises– how a BPO company takes lead in the market?
A BPO company’s most important department is — Operations.
Let us hear some tips on how to manage and ensure the proper functioning of the operations department from Mr. Anand Kumar Jha, Head of the Operations at CNS Comnet, one of the leading Indian BPO company:
1. Always talk requirements first: SLA (Service Level Agreement) is a legal agreement that can be compared to a list of promises both parties: the service provider and the client make with each other in terms of requirements and deadlines. Three must answer questions: Volume? Deadline? Expected Quality? To ensure delivery of the required services, it’s the BPO operation representative’s responsibility to ask for SLA and details of the requirements for negotiations. Clarity is of requirement is very important in business.
2. Develop a democratic team culture: To
ensure the smooth working of the department and to keep up the
morale, creating a teamwork culture is essential. By letting employees
suggest projects, discuss ideas and work together by setting up goals, one can
deflect chances of errors and internal clashes. Appreciating and providing
feedback to employees must be seen as an investment. Giving rewards is a factor
to inspire and motivate the team, the aim is to focus on “what is right” rather than “who is right”.
6. Always ask for feedback: Always keep improvising. Asking for feedback from your clients will not only help you understand your mistakes but will also warn you from repeating or making new ones in the future? Never outlook even a minor suggestion from your clients. Because BPO is all about providing what the client wants not what you want to give to the clients.
7. Always track your expenses: A minor leak can sink the whole ship. To claim payment one must have a clear audit report of what happened and when happened. It will save you a load of tension and arguments.
8. Stay updated: Remember providing services is all about what the client wants rather than what you want to give to the clients? But what if we are doing every procedure the difficult way when there is an easy option already available in the market, so instead of delivering a project in X time we take 2X time, now this is terrible. Staying updated and taking risks to accept changes in the procedure will help you become a leader in the industry because a leader leads the way for its followers by taking risks.